Sign up for a Wagepoint account using single-sign up (SSU)
Note: This process is for current Xero customers signing up with Wagepoint.
- From the Wagepoint website, navigate to the “Sign up” button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Click “sign up using Xero ID” option in orange font.
- You will be redirected to the Xero sign-in page.
- Enter valid Xero credentials and click Log in. This will bring you to a new landing page that asks the user to “Add a second layer of security”. Note: Select the “Not now” (this option can be set-up at a later time)
- Users will be directed to the landing page containing the request to allow Wagepoint access. Select the blue “Allow access” button, to grant Wagepoint access to user account information in Xero.
- The user will redirect the Wagepoint sign up page. It will be automatically pre-populated with First Name, Last Name and Email Address information in applied fields.
- Continue the sign-up process entering the remainder of your personal credentials. Note: You are being asked create Wagepoint credentials in addition to your Xero credentials. This will ensure you will continue to have access to Wagepoint should you no longer have Xero account. Once your done, click the orange “Get Started” button.
- You will be redirected to a new page. It will ask you to check your email to activate your Wagepoint account.
- Go to your email account and open the “Wagepoint notification” email and click “Confirm email”. This will activate your Wagepoint account and redirect you to the Wagepoint sign-in page.
- From the login page, the user can either click Sign in with Xero or enter their Wagepoint credentials and click Login.
If you use Xero as your company's accounting platform, you can integrate Wagepoint with your Xero account to export and record payroll transactions in Xero.
Setup Xero integration
- Click the "Add-ons" link from the drop-down menu next to the avatar icon.
- Select Xero and click "Get this app."
- Click the “Log in” button. You will be prompted to authorize Wagepoint to connect the two accounts.
- Once the accounts are connected, you will be directed back to the Xero tab in the Add-ons section to map your Chart of Accounts. Note: you'll need to map your accounts after your first payroll is processed.
Map your chart of accounts
- In the “Chart of Accounts” section of the Xero tab within Wagepoint, map each expense type to the correct expense category in your Xero account.
- Credits — offsets expenses to the liability accounts for the Posting Journal.
- Debits — records expenses for the Posting Journal.
- Cash Payments — expenses for the Invoices. These expenses should be mapped to the same liability accounts a the Credits section so the liability is reduced properly.
Note: Newly added income and deduction codes will only show up in the chart of accounts for mapping AFTER they have been used in a payroll.
Export payroll data into Xero
Name the invoice you would like to export. It’s recommended to use a consistent naming process that includes the pay period and pay group for easy sorting. Xero does not allow invoices to be uploaded with the same name.
Choose the pay group and pay period for the invoice.
Export Wagepoint Invoice — invoice matching the bank withdrawal for payroll drawn on the chosen pay period.
Export Accounts Payable (AP) Invoice — invoice referring to the posting journal. The AP Invoice will be exported with “payroll” appended to the end of the name to differentiate it from the Wagepoint invoice.
Select additional reports to be attached to the invoice document if necessary.
Click “Export.” The bills will export as drafts that need approval within your Xero account.
Navigate to the Business > Bills to pay tab in your Xero account to view the exported draft.
- The AP Invoice should be $0 since it should match the posting journal. If the Wagepoint Invoice does not match the payroll withdrawal amount or the AP Invoice is not $0, check that the Chart of Accounts has been set up properly.
- If you receive this error message when exporting drafts to Xero: “JOURNAL ENTRY NOT OF VALID STATUS FOR MODIFICATION”, an invoice with the same name has already been exported and is no longer in draft status. Make sure the old invoice is voided in Xero so no double-entry occurs, and choose a different invoice name to use for the export.
- Xero doesn't allow posting to System Accounts, so although you can choose them in the Chart of Accounts they will not go through to the invoice being created.