- Navigate to the Account Settings > Settings tab.
- Job titles – set the toggle to yes and save changes.
- Departments - set the toggle to yes and save changes.
- Navigate to the Company > Departments tab. If applicable, hover over the More tab in the navigation menu to display the newly added Departments tab.
- Click "Add a Department" to set up a new department.
- Department name – enter a description e.g. Marketing
- GL expense number – the GL expense number will be displayed in the Posting journal payroll report. This is an optional field.
- Save changes to add the new department.
- Click the pencil ( ✎ ) icon to edit department details.
- Navigate to the Company > Job titles tab. If applicable, hover over the More tab in the navigation menu to display the newly added Job titles tab.
- Click "Add a Job" to set up a new job title.
- Job title – enter a description e.g. Marketing manager
- Save changes to add the new job title.
- Click the pencil ( ✎ ) icon to edit the job title.
- Navigate to an employee’s Job tab to assign them to a specific department and to specify their job title. Note: to ensure that the debits and credits in the Posting journal payroll report match, employees have to be assigned to their respective department before the cycle end date of the payroll.
- Save changes to update the employee’s record with their department and job details.
Multiple job assignments
Do you have employees with multiple jobs at different pay rates? Once you have Departments and Job titles enabled for your company, you’ll be able to set up multiple job assignments.
- Navigate to an employee’s Job tab.
- Click “Add another job.”
- Rate of pay – enter the annual or hourly gross wage.
- Pay type – indicate if the amount entered is an annual salary or an hourly rate of pay.
- Job title – select the applicable job title.
- Department – assign the employee to the specific department.
- Expected hours per week – for salaried employees, this defaults to 40 hours / week if no value has been entered.
- Save to create the new job assignment.
- To toggle between the different assignments, click the orange link that indicates the job title and department of the assignment.
- Note: all jobs are automatically added to the paygroup of the primary assignment and payroll amounts are individually displayed for each assignment when you process payroll for that paygroup.
Please sign in to leave a comment.