This article outlines the steps for rehiring a terminated employee for whom you have created a Record of Employment (ROE). Please use this workflow when you wish to rehire the employee.
Note: If you have not created an ROE for the employee, you will be able to undo the termination rather than using the below process to rehire them.
Please see (CA) Undo a termination and delete the employee’s Record of Employment (ROE)
- Navigate to the Employees > Terminated employees
- Click "Edit" next to the terminated employee you wish to rehire.
- Navigate to the employee’s Job tab
- Active– set the toggle to 'Yes.'
- Rehire date– enter the date the employee was rehired.
Note: this date will be used as the employee's first day of work when issuing an ROE. Please contact support if the rehire date is in the past.
- Review and update the job details for the employee i.e. pay type, hourly rate of pay, expected hours per week, pay group, location, job title, and department.
- Save changes to rehire the employee.
- Once the employee has been rehired, they will be listed under the active Employee list