The purpose of the paystub memo is to provide notes to employees on an individual or group basis. Through this feature, you can identify what the paystub covers or what it is for.
Common uses of the paystub memo:
- Notify employees of actual dates they are being paid when running an off-cycle payroll.
- Write a personalized note such as "Happy Birthday!"
- Make a company-wide announcement.
How to set up this feature
1. Navigate to the Payroll > Pay groups tab.
2. Click "Paystub memo."
3. Click "Add paystub memo."
4. Make changes accordingly.
- Pay Group - Select the paygroup the note is intended for.
- Date fields - You can enter a single date or a date range. The memo entered will appear on every payroll that falls within the date range selected. Note: Date fields refer to the pay dates - NOT the cycle dates.
- Employees - Your employee list is available after you select the paygroup. You can send a note to a particular employee or group of employee(s). To do this, check off the box next to the employee's name. Otherwise, you can check "Select All" so all employees can see the note.
- Message - This is where you enter the note you want the employee(s) to see. You can enter up to 500 characters.
Note: Pay stub memos drop off once the date range selected has passed. You do not need to turn the feature off or delete the note.
Please sign in to leave a comment.