State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) — Unemployment insurance is a joint state-federal program that provides cash benefits to eligible workers. Each state administers a separate unemployment insurance program, following guidelines established federally.
Reminder: Please ensure your SUI is updated no later than March 31, 2022, to ensure your Q1 2022 UI filing and payment is correct.
State Unemployment Insurance must be updated before running your first payroll for the calendar year and after the first day of January. This will allow Wagepoint to calculate the SUI at the correct rate and debit your account for any variance.
- Log into your Wagepoint account.
- Navigate to Tax > Tax Rates & Freq.
- Navigate to the section labeled "State Unemployment Insurance".
- Enter your new SUI rate provided in the state notice into the “SUI Experience Rate for STATE” field. This rate is typically given as a percentage and must be entered as a decimal. For example: 3.125% would need to be entered as 0.03125 in Wagepoint.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click “Save Changes”.
- We recommend you verify your SUI account number while you have your state-issued notice on hand. The number can be updated in the “SUI Account for STATE” field.
Article is closed for comments.