If you use the sales tax module in QBO and do not have your provincial sales tax set up, this must be set up before continuing with Wagepoint. Here is how you can add it in QBO:
- Log in to QBO.
- Navigate to the menu found on the left-hand side of the page and select “Taxes”, then click “Manage Sales Tax” top right, then click “Add Tax”.
- Select “Start tracking in a new province” and select your respective province from the drop-down menu.
If you need assistance, please see this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/sales-taxes/sales-tax-quickbooks-online/L6oZbeziN_US_en_US
If you do not use the sales tax module or already have your provincial sales tax set up, you can proceed directly in Wagepoint.
- Verify that your company’s location is accurate in Wagepoint by navigating to Company > Company Info.
- In the “Business Contact” section, scroll down to “Province” and ensure the province is correct.
- Click “Add-On” in the top-right hand corner of your screen and select “QBO add-on”.
- Select the “Chart of accounts” tab.
- Click the drop-down beside ‘advanced’ and go to the “Payroll subscription fees” section at the bottom.
- For “Sales tax on processing fees”, select the new applicable GST/PST sales code for your company’s province (SK or BC).
- Click “Save”.